BPI Bulletin - May 2021
Published on Saturday, May 1, 2021
The sun is beginning to come out more, flowers and plants are starting to grow and show more color, and the birds and other animals are coming out and enjoying the nice days as well…it is May!
Get out and enjoy the last month of Spring if you can avoid the rain of course. Go for a walk or a bike ride, work on your garden or landscaping, have a BBQ with some waldo friends, or enjoy an evening bonfire. Whatever it is that gets you outside, go enjoy it and let that fresh air into your home as well by turning off the furnace and opening all those windows.
To celebrate the warmth of the sun and getting more vitamin D in our bodies, here are some fun facts about the month of May.
- May’s birthstone is the emerald which symbolizes love and success.
- The weather during May in the Northern Hemisphere is very similar to the weather in November in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Old English refers to May as the “month of three milking’s” referring to a time that cows could be milked three times a day!
- The last week in May is library and information week.
- May is also National Military Appreciation Month.
See all articles