Class A CDL Driver
Date Posted: 1/6/2020
Job Location: Fargo, ND
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Starting Salary Range: N/A
Required Education: None
Required Experience: 1 year verifiable experience
Required Travel: Up to 100%
Building Products is a wholesale company looking for a Driver. Our employees are empowered to make a difference by providing outstanding customer service utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive friendly environment. Setting your career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth for employee and the company.
Class A CDL Truck Driver is responsible for transporting products from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Class A CDL Truck Driver delivers products while operating a tractor-trailer truck over intrastate and interstate routes. Long distance trips with frequent stops.
- Load and unload products on trucks
- Report to Load and Transportation Manager any incidents encountered on the road
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find
- Keep a log of their activities
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order
- Get products to client on time
- Maintain log of trips
- Monitor the weight of each truck load
- Taking all efforts to keep us compliant with all DOT laws
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have at least 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing
Skills and Abilities
- Class A CDL Truck Driver lifts and moves material all apart of your day as a driver. Lifting 50 lbs on a frequent basis is a requirement for being a driver.
- You will be removing product from the back of the trailer as well as from the side of the trailer that require full use of arms and shoulders as well as bending at the waist and knee's when necessary.
- Be able to climb in and out of a semi-tractor/trailer (Between 2-20 times a day)
- Open curtains requiring full use of arms and shoulders
- Be able to legibly write on customer delivery and RMA tickets
- Keep a positive attitude at ALL times with customers regardless of the circumstances. Any complaints will need to be brought to the Transportation Manager to discuss further.
- Self motivated
- Work well with a team environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
- Good organizational skills
- Be a team player and support company goals
You can also download a PDF Application and submit it at one of our branch locations. Please contact us for additional information.