Inside Sales Representative - Millwork
Date Posted: 11/25/2019
Job Location: Evansdale, IA
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Starting Salary Range: Depending on Experience
Required Experience: 1 year Sales and Millwork verifiable experience (Preferred)
Required Travel: None
Building Products is a wholesale company looking for an Inside Sales Representative. Our employees are empowered to make a difference by providing outstanding customer service utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive friendly environment. Setting your career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth for employee and the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking incoming calls from our retail lumber dealers
- Make prompt call backs for quotes, delivery issues and dealer questions Process all immediate orders the same day they are received.
- Return all quote requests within 24 hours.
- Follow-up with customers within 48 hours, on all quotes exceeding $1,500.00.
- Coordinate with outside sales, buyers, shop supervisor, and warehouse foreman as needed to take care of our customers.
- Strive for accurate and detailed order entry.
- If your workload is slow, assist fellow co-workers, or call customers to see if there’s anything you can help them quote or get ordered.
- Notify manager with any sale opportunities in excess of $10,000.
- Contact our Top 25 customers on a weekly basis for any opportunities or ways we can better serve them.
- Communicate backorders to customers immediately and notify the buyer. When accurate backorder update can be provided, call the customer with an update.
- Immediately notify customers upon discovery of potential errors or delivery date issues.
- Make outbound calls for additional sales, promos and add on to current days trucks
- Other responsibilities and tasks as required by your supervisor.
- 1 year of Sales Experience preferred
- 1 year of Millwork Experience preferred
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service, having a friendly and positive attitude
BPI Benefits Include
- Hourly Base Pay + Commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(K) Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount on Building Materials
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work Life Balance
- Family-Oriented Culture and Environment
You can also download a PDF Application and submit it at one of our branch locations. Please contact us for additional information.