Warehouse/Truck Driver - BPI of Iowa - Evansdale, IA

POSITION TITLE:Warehouse Associate/Truck Driver - BPI of Iowa - IA Branch - Evansdale, IA

Building Products is a wholesale company looking for a Warehouse Associate/Truck Driver approximately 60% of the time will be in the warehouse and the other 40% will be driving. Our employees are empowered to make a difference by providing outstanding customer service utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive friendly environment. Setting your career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth for employee and the company.

BASIC FUNCTION: The Warehouse Associate/Truck Driver is responsible for picking product for next day deliveries to our customers. Operating a forklift on a consistent basis.

  PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to
  • Replenishing of products at the start of shifts to help speed up pick times throughout the day
  • Will use scanners to stage material per order
  • Will also learn different functions on the scanner to be able to help with customer will call pickups and use scanners to check inventory along with helping to cycle count product to keep a real time inventory for our customers
  • Receiving duties as needed along with cleaning and straightening
  • Will need to secure product with banding or plastic wrap for transportation on our semi’s for delivery in a clean and neat as possible display for our customers
  • Possible overtime to complete the staging process to service our customers when needed
  • Being active in all aspects of the warehouse is a plus along with cross training in other department in the warehouse to become a more valued employee
  • Responsible for transporting products from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight.
  • Deliver products while operating a tractor-trailer truck over intrastate and interstate routes
  • Load and unload products on trucks
  • Record amount and type of products being delivered
  • Drive long distances, frequent stops but home every night
  • Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows
  • Report to Load and Transportation Manager any incidents encountered on the road
  • Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion
  • Follow all applicable traffic laws
  • Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find
  • Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs
  • Keep a log of their activities
  • Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel
  • Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order
  • Get products to client on time
  • Take required rest periods during trip
  • Take special precautions while driving
  • Maintain log of trips
  • Assist with customer complaints and concerns
  • Answer phone calls
  • Monitor the weight of each truck load
  • Provide support in other areas during absences or shortage of staff
  • Taking all efforts to keep us compliant with all DOT

  • QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Need to be able to work at a steady pace and able to lift up to 75 lbs on a regular basis during the process
  • You will drive a fork lift to different locations in the warehouse to stage the product
  • Maintaining safety at all times by using the fork lift horn and seatbelts along with high visibility apparel and safety glasses
  • Must have a class A CDL
  • Most important is to keep a safe and positive attitude, while having a fun family of co-workers to work with

  •   JOB:Regular, Full-time
      LOCATION:Evansdale, IA
     

    Employment Application

    “Building Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”