History

2013

Acquisition of Building Products Inc. Millwork Branch, sq. ft. 97,500.
Acquisition of Building Products Inc. of North Dakota, sq. ft. 48,844.

2012

Further expansion of facilities of 60,000 SF.
Annual sales surpassed $150,000,000.
PartnerView online ordering and document retrieval system.

2009

Acquired a location in Council Bluffs, IA — Engineered Wood/Lumber Division.

2003

Opened a Prefinish facility in Sioux Falls, SD and Waterloo, IA.

2000

Numerous expansions in branches of over 180,000 SF.

1991

Consolidation of the Watertown and Sioux Falls branches while opening a new division Building Products Inc — Forest Products in Rauville, SD.

1985

Name changed from Lumbermen’s Supply Company to Building Products Inc. of South Dakota

1984

Company expansion: New branch in Waterloo, Iowa — Building Products Inc. of Iowa.

1983

Lee Schull becomes president of company.

1980

Moved corporate office to its current location, 405 1st Ave NE, Watertown, SD.

1975

Purchased Lumbermen’s Supply Company in Sioux Falls, SD and installed its first computer system.

1965

Lester Schull purchased controlling interest in company.

1957

Company was founded and served its customers from the Dakota Warehouse Building in Watertown, SD.