POSITION TITLE: Warehouse/Class A Truck Driver - BPI Wisconsin - WI Branch - Watertown, WI
Building Products is a wholesale company looking for a Warehouse/Backup Driver. Our employees are empowered to make a difference by providing outstanding customer service utilizing cutting edge technology in a positive friendly environment. Setting your career path with a dynamic company with long-term growth for employee and the company.
Class A CDL Truck Driver is responsible for transporting products from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight. Home every night!
- Competitive Wages
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(K) Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount on Building Materials
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Work Life Balance
- Family-Oriented Culture and Environment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Class A CDL Truck Driver delivers products while operating a tractor-trailer truck over intrastate and interstate routes. Long distance trips with frequent stops.
- Load and unload products on trucks.
- Home every night
- Report to Load and Transportation Manager any incidents encountered on the road
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find
- Keep a log of their activities
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order
- Get products to client on time
- Maintain log of trips
- Monitor the weight of each truck load
- Taking all efforts to keep us compliant with all DOT
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Class A CDL Truck Driver lifts and moves material all apart of your day as a driver. Lifting 50 lbs on a frequent basis is a requirement for being a driver. You will be removing product from the back of the trailer as well as from the side of the trailer that require full use of arms and shoulders as well as bending at the waist and knee's when necessary.
- Be able to climb in and out of a semi-tractor/trailer (Between 2-20 times a day)
- Open curtains requiring full use of arms and shoulders
- Be able to legibly write on customer delivery and RMA tickets
- Keep a positive attitude at ALL times with customers regardless of the circumstances. Any complaints will need to be brought to the Transportation Manager to discuss further.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have at least 1 year of tractor trailer experience
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing
JOB: Regular, Full-time, Monday - Friday
“Building Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin”